Tuesday, June 24, 2008

My Shoe Despair

Background: A little over a year ago, I was left with a heel spur after the Los Angeles Marathon. As a result, I have to wear orthotic inserts in my shoes or I am in complete agony at the end of the day. My feet are not wide, but the orthotic inserts are. It's been an ordeal finding shoes wide enough and deep enough to fit my inserts. There is really not a lot to choose from in my closet.

I went shopping for eleventy millionth time this past weekend. I have been to Nordstrom, Macy's, DSW and so on. Each store's sole focus for women was hooker shoes.

Have I really gotten so old that I am no longer anyone's target market? I certainly cannot see myself wearing animal print, platform, or spiked heel shoes. Surely, department stores must cater to women past the age of 23.

Don't get me wrong, fuck-me-shoes certainly do have their place, but not at my job. I need shoes that say, "I am a sensible, professional woman," instead of, "Take me now, baby! I want you so badly!"

I gave up after several hours. Now my hope is on my best friend who lives in a more renown fashion capital than I do.

No comments: