Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Weight Loss Thoughts

Last week I worked out 5 days for two times per day. I spent 45 minutes in the morning doing lunges, squats, and dips with free weights along with other strenuous exercises. I was breathing hard and drenched with sweat at the end of each work out. I spent 45 minutes in the evening walking. I cut back my food intake and concentrated on eating more fruits and vegetables.

For all this work, I lost....one pound. It makes me wonder. If I had eaten a Twinkie, would I have still lost weight? What would have happened had I not worked out twice a day? Being old and fat sucks so much. I don't recall having to work quite this hard to burn calories a decade ago. If I was not so determined to reduce the size of my gut so that it no longer sticks out further than my booty, I would be totally demoralized.

No comments: