Friday, January 8, 2010

Get Your Own Task!

The one thing that amazes me the most about working to take care of a parent is the number of people that have no clue how to truly be helpful. If there are 15 tasks to do, and I am working on one of them, then helping me means picking an unattended task – not picking my current project and mucking with it.

My father has finally agreed to the disposal of items in his storage unit. Prior to this, he was holding on to everything that was not stolen by the crack head because he wanted something to leave my brother and I when he dies. My brother and I are not interested.

Anyway, I was finally able to convince him to sell everything in the storage unit. I found the name of a company that specializes in this sort of thing. They sell everything that can be sold and donate what cannot.

Before I could set up an appointment, my father called to let me know that one of his friends would be handling this. It’s irritating because his friends never follow-through and always muck things up and cause more problems then they solve.

Really, I thought I had finally convinced him to stop helping me. I guess not.

No comments: