Friday, January 8, 2010

Strangeness in the Elevator

I am fortunate enough to work at a company with great benefits, which includes an on site car wash. This may not seem like a big deal, but it gives me back at least one hour on my weekend to be able to do this at work.

I typically drop my car off in the morning and pick it back up at lunch. There were two gentlemen in business suits in the elevator when I got on to go down to the garage. Ours is a strictly casual company so I’ll assume they were either sales representatives or interviewing for a job.

Man in Suit #1: Hello there.
Me: Hi
Man in Suit #1: Would you like a hug?
Me: (taken aback) No thank you
Man in Suit #1: Aw, come on (grabs me and gives me a hug). We’re from Texas; we’re friendly.

I’ve been to Texas. I have friends from Texas. I seriously doubt that, in state where carrying guns is as normal as carrying around a pen to write with, people go around grabbing strangers for a hug.

No comments: