Thursday, May 22, 2008

My Bucket List

Our topic for last week was a list of things to do before I die. It's fairly ironic that it took me so long to complete this list given that I've had my bucket list together since I was 21 years old.

1) Learn how to use my digital camera. I purchased this camera over a year ago. It's actually become rather embarrassing. Also, not knowing how to use my digital camera is going to keep me from completing two other items on my bucket list.

2) Take a photograph of myself everyday and post it on my blog in a slide show. I read an article a year or so ago about a guy who took a picture of himself everyday for 17 years. He posted it in a slide show. Over the course of time, you could see how his face has changed. I would like to start on this project before the end of the year. I'll take a photo of myself everyday for 34 years to see how my face changes from age 36 to age 70. Of course, it will have to be password protected initially since this blog is supposed to be anonymous.

3) Take a photograph of some random thing in my life in my life. This was inspired by a recent article I read about a man who took a Polaroid every day for one decade. This will be a little harder for me as I'll need photos that are interesting enough to be meaningful and yet random enough for me to keep my anonymity.

4) Learn to speak the Italo-Western Romance languages fluently. I would love to learn Spanish, French, and Italian. I was fairly fluent in Spanish in high school but lost it through non-use.

5) Visit fifty countries and every continent (except Antarctica) before I die. I don't like the cold, so I will skip Antarctica, but I love to travel and want to continue my goal of visiting one country every year before I kick the bucket.

6) Become a published author. I started working on my fantasy novel last year and stopped once my father became ill. I'd like to finish this and complete two other books - a biography about my great grandfather and a biography about my grandmother.

No comments: