Wednesday, May 14, 2008

No Crowding on the Back 40


I love having a compact car. I can squeeze through tight spots and fit in parking that larger behemoths have no hope of making work. What I don't like is when people with large cars park right on top of me; so closely that I cannot even open my driver's side door. I usually park in the back of the lot to avoid this very problem. Unfortunately, this does not always work.

I planned to get my car wash during lunch time. Those plans were killed once I got to the roof of the parking garage. An Expedition had parked so closely to me, that only a garter snake could have slithered in through the open driver's side door. The unfortunate fact of having a large gut (read: being fat) is that it's difficult to get into the driver's seat from the passenger side because the lack of space inside the car combined with the space I need to move my larger body makes such a feat nearly impossible. I gave up after a few failed attempts because I was afraid I would start breaking off knobs and buttons.

Boo to the driver of the SUV that ignored a plethora of empty spots to squeeze right next to me.

No comments: