Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Weight Loss Thoughts

While I was off work, I spent a considerable amount of time working with a nutritionist to get my binge eating under control. I quickly lost weight, but got stuck in a cycle. How said that, hundreds of dollars later, I have not been able to break it. I am managing my food addiction better; I no longer feel the need to mug people for their peanut butter and jelly sandwiches. However, I have yet to go an entire day without consuming some type of forbidden snack.

I find myself at an all time high just as we head into the Thanksgiving season. This is not where I want to be.

It’s my understanding that the average calorie consumption for Americans on Thanksgiving Day is between 17,000 and 21,000. Yes, that’s right, twenty-one thousand calories.

I have the hardest time at my first stop because they serve the food so late that I snack on everything under the sun. I am hitting the gym in the morning, but it would take me days to burn off what I usually eat. It makes me want to spend the day chained to the table in a vegan restaurant as, presumably, there’s only so much damage one can do binging on fruits and vegetables.

No comments: